- Current Reading: The Hooded Gunman John Curran
- Forgotten Stories: English Country House Murders
- Current Reading: The Chalk Man by C. J. Tudor
- Forgotten Books: The Measure of Malice
- Current Reading: Slugfest by Reed Tucker
- Forgotten Books: The Shadow: Partners of Peril
- Bouchercon: Have Fun!
- Current Reading: Incoming – Books of Interest
- Happy Birthday to Me!
- Forgotten Books: The Shadow: Lingo
Categories I Use
Category Archives: literary fiction
Here’s week four (Feb. 20 – 26) listed in story-author-source format. * An asterisk indicates a story I particularly liked. White Lies * – Paul Theroux – The Collected Stories Clapham Junction – ibid The Odd-Job Man * – ibid Portrait of A Lady … Continue reading
Here’s week two (Feb. 6 – 12) listed in story-author-source format. * An asterisk indicates a story I particularly liked. A Place In the Shade – Robert Reed – Worldbuilders, SF Adventures in Terraforming, edited by Gardner Dozois The Border-Line Case … Continue reading
Here’s my first week (five days, Feb 1-5) of reading, in story – author – source format. An asterisk indicates a story I particularly liked Alien Animal Encounters * – John Scalzi – Miniatures Bring Bring * – Conrad Aiken – Collected Stories of … Continue reading
Concrete Angel by Patricia Abbott © 2015, Polis Books 2015 trade paper literary domestic suspense – stand alone novel “When I was twelve, my mother shot a soda-pop salesman she’d known less than eight hours.” Thus begins Patricia Abbott’s novel Concrete Angel, … Continue reading