This will be the last poetry shelf shot, at least for a while.
left to right:
- If You Call This Cry A Song by Hayden Carruth
- Poems by Agatha Christie
- Cowboy Poetry: A Gathering
- First Poems By Minou Drouet – she was eight years old when she wrote these poems! Lovely stuff.
- T.S. Eliot’s Old Book of Practical Cats by T.S. Eliot. The musical Cats was based on these.
- Starting From San Francisco new poems by Lawrence Ferlinghetti.
- A Coney Island of the Mind poems by Lawrence Ferlinghetti. This one has one of my favorite of his poems, “Dog”
- Howl and Other Poems by Allen Ginsberg. Bought at City Lights Bookstore, along with the two Ferlinghetti books above.
- Ghosts of A Chance by John Harvey
- The Collected Poems of Langston Hughes edited by Arnold Rampersad. His poems from 1921 to 1967. Powerful.
- The Complete Poems of Keats & Shelley – Modern Library edition
- Good Poems edited by Garrison Keillor – He used to read a favorite poem each day on his radio show, this collects them.
- Rudyard Kipling, Complete Verse by Rudyard Kipling
- One Train by Kenneth Koch
- Phases of the Moon by Lynn Kozina
- Best Loved Poems of Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, part of a series published by Fountain Press, (c) 1944 edition, illustrated
- Favorite Poems by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow , edited and introduction by Henry Canby, (c) 1947. My mother’s copy.
Doing these has gotten me reading some of these, too.