It’s peak Summer garden time, and I took some photos Sunday. Our Lilies are especially magnificent this year. Lots of pictures for you. Click to see larger image.
- Update to “Some Days the Bear Wins”
- gloomy days
- Some Days the Bear Wins
- The MX Book of New Sherlock Holmes Stories Part XIII: 2019 Annual (1881-1890) edited by David Marcum
- reading short essays: SF 71
- Poems by J. H. Prynne
- Happy Easter!
- Golden Age Detective Stories edited by Otto Penzler
- short stories: In Space No One Can Hear You Scream
- The Kaiju Preservation Society by John Scalzi
Categories I Use
- At Home in Portland
- Books & Reading
- current reading
- Friday Forgotten Books
- Graphic Novel
- literary fiction
- New Arrivals
- Science Fiction
- Shelf Shots
- Short Stories
- Short Story February
- The Blog Itself
Purty! Really nice job.
Impressive! But they all look like Triffids to me.
Phil loves those Asiatic Lillies so we have a lot of them. This is a wonderful garden. Varied and colorful. I should take some pics too.
Lovely. You’re welcome to work my barren patch of land any time.
Oh wow, beautiful
Your garden is glorious!! Is that a blue hydrangea? Did you have to treat the soil so get the blossoms to be so vividly blue??
Yes, it is. Last year it was bright pink, like the other one, but the soil Ph is less acid (we used ash) so it’s blue this year. It’s a knockout, isn’t it?
that vivid color is unreal!
And no photoshop involved, it really looks that way! We were stunned when it started to bloom.
You have a spectacular garden, Rick. Wow. I love those blue hydrangeas!