Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

tgivomg turkeyAs I type this I’m looking out the window at the late afternoon sun slanting through the Douglas Fir trees that border the western side of our property. It reminds me how lucky we are to live in this beautiful place.

The year seems to have flown past; here it is late November and cold weather is settling in. We turn our thoughts to what’s good in our lives. That’s especially important in light of all the terrible things we see in the news every day. So let’s put that out of mind for a day and concentrate on all we have to be thankful for.

We have our health, we have family, friends, cats. We have the garden. I’m so thankful for the music I can hear, the books and my ability to read them! We have a lot to be thankful for, I’ll bet you do too.

This entry was posted in At Home in Portland and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Happy Thanksgiving!

Absolutely, and friends are a big part of that.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and Barbara. Let’s eat!

• Richard says:

Thanks, Jeff. You’re right, friendship is a big part of that, and my former-DAPA, internet and blog friends are a large part of that. I’m thankful for your comments here, as well as your friendship.

Richard, I hope you and Barbaraa have a wonderful day! (Any leftoverss can be sent my way. :-))

• Richard says:

From what I read in your comment on George’s blog, it should be the other ‘way round, Jerry. Thanks for the good wishes and I’m thankful for your friendship and blog comments. Try not to overdo the jogging on the beach today, okay?

3. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your wife, Richard. Hope you guys enjoy every morsel of good food today.

• Richard says:

Thank you, Carl, and the same back at you. Enjoy all the family and food you have today and tomorrow. I’m sure you’ll job it right off this weekend. I’m thankful for you friendship. Very best to your entire clan.

4. Cap'n Bob says:

Enjoy the day, the feast, and the football.

5. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Food, football, and friendship…that’s a lot to be thankful for!

My reading friends are the ones closest to my heart.

7. Todd Mason says:

Happiest of T-days, Rick! Mid ’60s here in the Jersey burbs of Philadelphia today.

We had really cold weather here the last two Thanksgivings – mid-30s for a high – but this year we are at 61, well over the normal high of 50. It is beautiful out there. We’re actually on track for the warmest November ever in NYC.

9. Happy Thanksgiving, Richard!

10. Hope you had a great one.