If you could only keep ONE electric appliance in your home, which one would it be?
(My pick is the refrigerator)
- Update to “Some Days the Bear Wins”
- gloomy days
- Some Days the Bear Wins
- The MX Book of New Sherlock Holmes Stories Part XIII: 2019 Annual (1881-1890) edited by David Marcum
- reading short essays: SF 71
- Poems by J. H. Prynne
- Happy Easter!
- Golden Age Detective Stories edited by Otto Penzler
- short stories: In Space No One Can Hear You Scream
- The Kaiju Preservation Society by John Scalzi
Categories I Use
- At Home in Portland
- Books & Reading
- current reading
- Friday Forgotten Books
- Graphic Novel
- literary fiction
- New Arrivals
- Science Fiction
- Shelf Shots
- Short Stories
- Short Story February
- The Blog Itself
Richard, the fridge would be my pick too. Without one, no food and foodstuffs would last more than half a day in Indian weather conditions.
The late Ray Bradbury would probably have picked his grandmother, but I think you and Prashant are right on the money.
It’s a no brainer – the refrigerator.
I suppose some people who only eat dried or prepackaged or take out might say the microwave…
Our Maytag clothes washer! It’s over 30 years old and still works like new. Diane throws a load in almost every day.